Start each morning with freshly brewed coffee, ready by 7:00, followed by an incredible, hot Scofield House Breakfast. We serve a 3 course breakfast between 8:30 and 9:00 to our B&B guests and plan each day's menu in advance. Our breakfast is complimentary and all guests receive the same plate. Breakfast is served in our dining area on the main floor. Many of our breakfast entrees include breakfast sausage or ham. A Scofield House breakfast is the perfect way to start a day of exploring Wisconsin's Door County and Sturgeon Bay.
"Keep the cookie jar at your house full with these chocolate chip, peanut butter and oatmeal treats. Choosing the best cookies
we've published was nearly impossible. But this recipe stuck out in our memory as something wonderful."
- Midwest Living Magazine (Excerpt from The Top 20 Recipes Of All Time)
Triple-Flavored Big Batch Cookies Recipe
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups butter, softened
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a very large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate pieces. Drop by rounded teaspoon-fulls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool.
Makes approx. 10 dozen cookies.
Take home a memory... Purchase a Scofield House cookbook
- A collection of recipes served to guests during the early years of the B&B including Mrs. Cís Sausage & Spinach Pie
- Muffins, coffee cakes, breads, and scones
- Morning fruit dishes
- Breakfast entrees
- Many pictures of the Scofield family
- Hand-thrown Scofield House mugs, crafted in Wisconsin by Sunset Hill Stoneware
- Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Cookbook Ė Most requested Recipes from Wisconsinís Unique B&Bís and Country Inn